Join an amazing team of individuals making a difference in the lives of children!
Help make a difference today!
Interns support nearly every function of Ronald McDonald House of Jacksonville from volunteer management, event support and fundraising to communications and family services.
Your internship at Ronald McDonald House of Jacksonville will provide you with a unique learning experience, that will be of value to you no matter the career path you enter following graduation.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Jacksonville supports the health and well-being of children by providing lodging and other services of critically ill, chronically ill and seriously injured children and families. Ronald McDonald House Charities of Jacksonville provides lodging, transportation, and compassionate support from our dedicated staff to over 1,200 families each year that must travel to Jacksonville for premier pediatric medical care. Outside of the walls of our House, our organization also serves over 25,000 visitors from greater Northeast Florida at the Ronald McDonald House Family Room at Wolfson Children’s Hospital. Our mission is sustained through the generosity and outreach of local individuals, foundations and corporations.
Under the guidance of Marketing Manager, Nyree Armoreda, the Marketing Intern will have the following listed responsibilities.
- Create & Manage our Social Media Outlets (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) using creative and engaging content
- Edit and manage the www.rmhcjacksonville.org website
- Assist the Fund Development Department with development activities including donor stewardship & donor recognition
- Assist with the planning and execution of internal and external events
- Compile, edit and distribute electronic and print publications
- Must also be able to work collaboratively as a team and be a self-starter.
- Capture photos of RMHC of Jacksonville events and activities
- Update media press clips notebook
- Design Flyers & Posters
- Assist with Community Outreach efforts
- Write press releases, media advisories and public service announcements
- Other responsibilities as assigned, which may include directly working with youth, volunteers, parents, staff and hospital personnel
Contact: Nyree Armoreda at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Program Services Intern
Under the guidance of Program Operations Manager, Martha Melendez, the Program Intern will have the following listed responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of Front Desk, answering medical provider calls, completing family referrals, accepting monetary and in-kind donations, welcoming and checking in new families to the House, checking out departing families.
- Assist in Kid Zone, a themed activity learning center for children staying at Ronald McDonald House.
- Assist in Wolfson Children’s Hospital Family Room which supports in-patient families who may not be staying at Ronald McDonald House.
- Assist Family Services Manager or Family Room Supervisor with in-patient visits at Wolfson Children’s Hospital.
- Assist Program Services Coordinator with preparation of birthday celebrations, lead daily aquarium activity with children, facilitate Family Meeting and Kid Zone activities with children, research future activity options.
- Conduct daily cleanliness and safety checks.
- Recognize photo opportunities for social media and family stories.
- Participate in assigned Intern Cohort Project.
- Attend and participate in bimonthly Family Services Meetings and Training.
- Support staff with preparation and participation in Fundraising Events.
- Support staff with preparation and participation in Donor Recognition Events.
Contact: Martha Melendez at email@example.com for more information.