Encouraging Brave Children Battling Pediatric Cancer
Pediatric cancer remains the #1 diagnosis of children staying in our House.
In recognition of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Jacksonville, along with our fellow community and hospital partners who are members of Home Team Jax, will be drumming up the hashtag #JaxGoesGold to highlight and bring awareness to the extraordinary ways our community supports children bravely battling cancer.
Here at RMHC Jacksonville, there are a few activities we have planned to celebrate and recognize the extraordinary bravery of our Cancer Warriors:
- Bulletin board posted in our House with encouraging messages to children currently battling cancer
- Highlighting our brave cancer warriors on social media under the hashtag #JaxGoesGold
- Fight Like a Kid T-Shirts for Staff & Families
- Cancer Ribbons posted in our House highlighting the names of children battling cancer
- Yellow cancer ribbons for staff and families to show their support throughout the month
- Yellow flowers will be planted during the month of September at our House’s entrance
- A Yellow wreath will be placed on our front entry door
- Volunteers & Staff will post encouraging photos and videos online using the hashtag #JaxGoesGold
- Special recognition of Childhood Cancer Awareness in our monthly e-newsletter
Looking to help during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month?
- Make a donation to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Jacksonville which supports children battling cancer and other complex health conditions by providing lodging, meals and transportation when they need it the most
- Donate to our Wish List. Some items on our wish list, like sensitive or gentle laundry detergents are perfect for children undergoing cancer treatments.
- Send in cards of hope and encouragement. We will share your notes of love with the children and families who are currently staying with us.
- Post your support on social media. Post your encouraging photos, videos and stories to social media using the hashtag #JaxGoesGold.